A combined cycle power plant generates electrical power in a more efficient way and is more respectful towards the environment than a coal or oil fired plant.
COMPARATIVE DATA IN RELATION TO A COAL FIRED POWER PLANT
USE OF THE BEST TECHNOLOGIES:
- Highly efficient combined cycles (55%).
- Low NOx turbines.
- Use of natural gas.
PROJECT DESIGN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ENVIRONMENT:
- Adaptation to the scenario of existing emmissions.
- Accurate modelling of emissions.
NATURAL GAS COMBINED CYCLE:
- Decrease of 100% in SO2 emissions.
- Decrease of 80% in NOx emissions.
- Decrease of 50% in CO2 emissions.