- To fry an egg costs € 0.02 if the cooker is electric and about € 0.01 if the appliance is operated with natural gas.
- Having a five-minute shower costs between € 0.39 and 0.54, if the water heater is electric, and between € 0.25 and 0.30
if it is natural gas.
- Ironing for an hour, depending on the iron, can cost in the neighbourhood of € 0.15.
- A normal cycle of the washing machine has a cost of nearly € 0.27.
- One hour of electrical heating costs between € 0.36 and 0.51, and the same hour of heating, if the source is natural gas,
will cost between € 0.24 and 0.30.
- Using the television for one hour can cost between € 0.03 and 0.06, depending on the television.
In all of these cases, one must keep in mind that the average prices have been estimated, and in many cases depend
on the established rate, the type of appliance and its technical characteristics. In the case of heating, for example,
the orientation of the house, whether the windows are double or single glazed, the quality of the insulation, etc.,
will affect the total cost. You also must bear in mind that temperature requirements differ from one individual to
another; when one person feels comfortable at a given temperature, another might be cold.